Your sense of smell is closely tied to your memories and emotions, perhaps more so than any of your other senses.
As a massage therapist at Cancer Wellness, Cara Thurman likes to use a blend of essential oils to enhance her massage treatments.
|Health Benefits of Essential Oils|
Health Benefits Of Aromatherapy:
- Chamomile: Reduce stress.
- Clary sage: Promote relaxation.
- Eucalyptus: Clear sinuses.
- Ginger: Reduce nausea.
- Lavender: Better sleep.
- Lemon: Increase happiness, improve concentration.
- Peppermint: Boost alertness, reduce headaches.
- Rosemary: Increase focus.
- Sweet orange: Reduce anxiety.
- Ylang-ylang: Decrease stress.
Popular Essential Oil BlendsYou can create your own blend of essential oils or look for a premade blend at your local natural foods store. Either way, Thurman highly recommends using a blend during cancer treatment so you do not associate one particular scent with cancer treatment. Here are some popular blends to try:
- Clary sage + chamomile.
- Clary sage + lavender + peppermint.
- Eucalyptus + lemon + rosemary + peppermint.
- Lavender + Chamomile.
- Lavender + rosemary + lemon.
- Lemon + lavender + peppermint.
- Peppermint + orange.
How To Use Essential OilsThere are several ways to enjoy essential oils:
- Add a few drops to a spray bottle filled with water and spritz on your pillow and sheets.
- Apply a few drops to a cotton ball, then put the cotton ball in your car's air vents.
- Put a few drops in your bathtub.
- Rub oil on your pulse points.
- Take a quick whiff from the bottle whenever needed.
- Use an oil diffuser or vaporizer.
- Wear jewellery specifically designed to diffuse essential oils.